- 27 May 2021Hoyts CinemaAustralia
- 27 May 2021Event CinemaAustralia
- 27 May 2021Village CinemaAustralia
- 27 May 2021Nova Cinema380 Lygon St, Carlton VIC 3053
- 27 May 2021Chinatown Cinema MelbourneLevel 1, 200 Bourke Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
- 27 May 2021Lido Cinema Melbourne675 Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn, VIC 3122
- 27 May 2021Classic Cinema Melbourne9 Gordon Street, Elsternwick, VIC 3185
- 17 June 2021Mount Vic Flicks NSW2a Harley Ave, Mount Victoria, NSW 2786
CANNES 2019 – Directors’ Fortnight
a film by Takashi Miike written by Masaru Nakamura with Masataka Kubota
Set over one night in Tokyo, we follow Leo, a young boxer down on his luck as he meets his ‘first love’ Monica, a callgirl and an addict but still an innocent.
Little does Leo know, Monica is unwittingly caught up in a drug-smuggling scheme, and the two are pursued through the night by a corrupt cop, a yakuza, his nemesis, and a female assassin sent by the Chinese Triads.
All their fates intertwine in spectacular Miike style, at his most fun and anarchic.